Prep time: 30 minutes • Cook time: 15 minutes
1/2 cup FAT FREE GREEK YOGURT
1 cup GREEN TOMATILLO SALSA
1 pound greatO GROUND BEEF
½ teaspoon each: GROUND CUMIN, MINCED GARLIC & SALT
24 mini (4 inch diameter) CORN TORTILLAS
2 POBLANO PEPPERS, seeded and cut into thin 4 inch strips
1 WHITE ONION, cut into thin rings, separated
2-3 cups CANOLA OILO FOR FRYING
1. Combine the Greek yogurt and tomatillo salsa in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Heat a heavy skillet over high heat for 2 minutes. Add the greatO ground beef and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until browned and crumbly. Drain and discard the fat. Add the cumin, minced garlic and salt to the browned beef and cook 1 more minute and place in a bowl.
3. Divide the tortillas into two stacks and wrap each in plastic wrap. Heat one stack for 1 minute 15 seconds on high power in the microwave. Quickly separate the tortillas and then restack so they stay warm. This prevents the tortillas from sticking together.
4. Place 1½ tablespoons cooker ground beef down the center of one warm tortilla. Add 2 strips Poblano pepper and 1 thin onion ring over beef. Roll the tortilla tightly and secure with a toothpick. Place on a sheet pan and complete the remaining 11 flautas. Heat the remaining stack of tortillas and make the remaining flautas. You can cover the flautas with plastic wrap and refrigerate them until you are ready to fry them; right before serving.
5. Place the oil in a deep heavy bottom skillet or frying kettle. Heat the oil to 350°F. Place 3-4 flautas in the hot oil and fry for 30 seconds or until golden. Place on paper towels to drain and carefully remove the toothpicks. Keep the flautas hot in a 200°F oven until all are ready to serve. Serve with the tomatillo sauce and enjoy.
Makes: 24 appetizer servings
Nutrition Facts: 1 appetizer - Calories 120, Total Fat 8g, Saturated Fat 1.5g, Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 95mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Protein 4g, Omega-3 Fatty Acids 460mg