Prep time: 15 minutes • Cook time: 20 minutes
1 tablespoon GRAPESEED OIL
3 tablespoons RICE VINEGAR
2 tablespoons LIGHT SOY SAUCE
1 tablespoon grated fresh GINGER
2 teaspoons SESAME OIL
1 pint CHERRY TOMATOES
8 ounces WHOLE WHEAT THIN SPAGHITTI or SOBA NOODLES
1 pound greatO GROUND BEEF
4 GREEN ONIONS, thin sliced on the diagonal
1 Tablespoon toasted SESAME SEEDS
1. Heat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
2. Combine the vinaigrette ingredients in a shaker jar. Place 2 tablespoons vinaigrette and the cherry tomatoes in the prepared baking dish; toss to coat. Roast the tomatoes for 15 minutes, stirring once during cooking time.
3. While tomatoes are roasting, cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse and place in a large salad bowl. Add the remaining vinaigrette to the noodles and set aside.
4. Heat a heavy bottom skillet for 2 minutes over medium heat. Cook the ground beef browned and crumbly. Drain the fat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Add the cooked beef, roasted tomatoes, and toasted sesame seed to the noodles and toss. Serve the salad warm or cold.
Makes: 6 servings
Nutrition Facts: 2 cups – Calories 340, Total Fat 18g, Saturated Fat 5g, Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 230mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g, Dietary Fiber 7g, Sugars 4g, Protein 17g. Omega-3 Fatty Acids 120mg