Prep time: 20 minutes • Cook time: 30 minutes
1 small SPAGHETTI SQUASH
1 pound greatO 90/10 % GROUND BEEF
½ cup H-E-B REAL EGG WHITES
½ cup fresh PANKO BREAD CRUMBS
1 teaspoon CHINESE 5 SPICE
Sweet Chili Pineapple Sauce:
¾ cup each: fresh PINEAPPLE TIDBITS, RICE VINEGAR & BROWN SUGAR SPLENDA
½ – 1 teaspoon CRUSHED RED PEPPER (optional)
2 teaspoons each: fresh chopped GINGER, GARLIC, KETCHUP & CORNSTARCH
2 GREEN ONIONS, chopped
½ cup thin sliced RED BELL PEPPER
1. To cook spaghetti squash, cut squash lengthwise into halves. Place the squash halves, cut side down on the microwave tray and microwave on High power for 6 minutes or until tender when pierced with a knife. Shred the spaghetti squash out of the shell using a fork and place in a large pasta bowl; set aside and keep warm.
2. While the squash is cooking, heat the oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with foil and set aside. Combine the ground beef, egg whites, Panko crumbs and Chinese 5 Spice in a bowl. Shape the ground beef mixture into 24 small meatballs and place on the baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes till golden brown.
3. Sauce: Combine the pineapple, rice vinegar, Splenda, crushed red pepper, ginger, garlic and ketchup in a 2 quart microwave safe bowl. Microwave the mixture on High power for 4 minutes and set aside.
4. Combine the cornstarch and ½ cup water in a small bowl and stir well to dissolve. Add the cornstarch solution to the sauce and stir well. Microwave on High power for 1 minute or until the sauce thickens.
5. To serve, spread the steaming spaghetti squash on a platter, top with the meatballs, sweet chili pineapple sauce, green onions and red bell pepper. Enjoy!
Makes: 6 servings
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup Spaghetti Squash: 40 Calories, Total Fat 0g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 30mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 4g, Protein 1g, Omega-3 Fatty Acids 1200mg; 1 ½ cups : 260 Calories, Total Fat 8g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 330mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 21g, Protein 18g, Omega-3 Fatty Acids 200mg